Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Lead Steward/Dishwasher will function within the Steward Team cleaning dishes, plastic ware, glasses, pots and pans, as well as kitchen equipment in high volume restaurant.¬ Ensures clean and organized storage environment; oversees adherence to safety and sanitation standards. In addition to dishwashing responsibilities, provides day to day direction to team members to ensure efficient functioning.¬ Organizes and delegates daily workload.¬ Enforces policies and procedures and recommends process improvements. Provides training and guidance to staff.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for safe operation of dishwashing equipment; oversees hand washing as required
- Responsible for cleaning, sanitizing and organizing all dishes, cutlery, pots and pans and other kitchen equipment
- Responsible for ensuring that all dishes, cutlery and serving trays are cleaned and stocked to a sufficient level¬ from the¬ start of the business day until the end
- Operating sanitation program to standards
- Assisting in daily kitchen operation and production
- Must be willing to help with other jobs including kitchen prep
- Assist in the maintenance of storage areas that FIFO and proper dates are followed
- Assisting the entire outlet is operating under HACCP and environmental health guidelines
- General cleaning of restaurant including walls, floors, dry storage and walk-ins
- Supporting company's goals and philosophies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to communicate¬ English
- Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Previous restaurant or customer service experience - Preferred
If you‚€™re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you‚€™ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you‚€™re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you‚€™ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 132084