Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
- Capable of working within a motivational atmosphere and assisting to building a cohesive culinary/kitchen team.
- Is actively involved in the daily operation by being ‚€œhands on‚€ through modeling proper culinary techniques and working along-side employees.¬
- Capable of serving as a "roundsman" and assisting in all aspects of culinary operations to include; al a cart, banquet, garde¬ manger, pastry and saucier'.¬
- Ensures that each menu item is a celebration of culinary talent in both taste and plate presentation that incorporates flavor, a variety of color, height, texture and cooking techniques.¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
- Assists in the day-to-day supervision of culinary and stewarding employees, in the absence of the Chef De Cuisine or other specialty Chefs.¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
- Adheres to all five star/diamond brand standards to ensure that all guests have an outstanding culinary experience.¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
- Stays abreast of all culinary trends and cultivates creativity among the culinary team through innovative daily specials.¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
- Assists in maintaining all par levels for food items, kitchen supplies and all other necessary products needed to operate the banquet kitchen.
- Assist the Chef in determining pricing and standardization of portion controls.¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
- Capable of enforcing internal cost and labor controls.¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
- Responsible for maintaining clean and organized storage areas for all food items and for proper rotation.
- Leads the charge in ‚€œclean as you go‚€ techniques that ensure the banquet kitchen, dish room, storage and heart-of-the-house areas are both clean and safe.
- Responsible for assisting the Chef De Cuisine in the creation of inventive and high quality guest room amenities to be given, and sold, to members/guests celebrating a special occasion or as a welcoming gift for V.I.P.'s.¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
- Develops strong working relationships with other Department Managers to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Oversees the compliance of state health regulations in the safe handling, storage and service of all food items.
- Responsible for helping to ensure that all china, glassware, silver and kitchen equipment is properly sanitized, racked and/or stored.
- Follows all safe work practice procedures.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years culinary experience
- Previous supervisory experience helpful
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Current certification in the State Professional Food Handler Program
- Culinary degree/certification - Preferred
- Able to communicate in Spanish - Preferred
Enjoy the perks of a DoubleTree Employee and a Vail Resorts employee with just one job. Our staff at the DoubleTree gets twice the reward by holding only one job. Part of the Vail Resorts Family and DoubleTree team member, you reap the benefits of both companies (free ski pass for all Vail Resorts operated properties and all the lodging discounts for DoubleTrees nationwide). The staff at The DoubleTree live up to the brand‚€™s reputation by offering a warm and welcoming stay to every guest. There is a high expectation of phenomenal customer service but it comes with a high reward of amazing team members. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 129383